Cluster Department Information
Students interested in pursuing a PhD in Spanish and Portuguese are encouraged to find a second intellectual “home” in an interdisciplinary cluster.
- At the time of admission into their respective programs or at some point during a student's first year of study, participants in the Interdisciplinary Cluster Initiative designate an interdisciplinary "cluster" they would like to join.
- In their first and second years, students take some courses with other cluster members, while also participating in other cluster activities, such as conferences, seminar series, symposia, etc.
- Students admitted directly to the cluster and a department are noted as "cluster fellows" and will be provided with a one-time $2,500 research grant.
Clusters in the Humanities and Qualtitative Social Sciences:
- African Studies
- Asian Studies
- British Studies
- Classics Cluster
- Comparative and Historical Social Science
- Comparative Race and Diaspora
- Critical Studies in Theatre and Performance
- Critical Theory
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Medieval Studies
- Middle East and North African Studies (MENA)
- Poetry and Poetics
- Rhetoric and Public Culture
- Science Studies